Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 3, Day 1


Woo-hoo!  I'm happy this start for Week 3!  I took yesterday (Monday) off to let my knee & ankle heal up a bit longer.  The knee is fine 98% of the time, but every now & again it'll fuss at me if I move it in a direction it's not a big fan of.  The ankle, on the other hand, is just constantly complaining.  There's no one particular position that makes it any better or worse, so I'm actually more confident in using it, since I at least know what to expect.  Anyhow, before I get to today, I wanna recap the weekend, diet-wise (since I haven't been doing my morning exercises):
  • Saturday
    • Breakfast - whole grain french toast, scrambled eggs, Red Smoothie to drink
    • Lunch - CHEAT 1/4lb Big Bite from 7-Eleven, 22oz Mountain Dew, a slice of Boston Creme pie, a Reeses cup, a few cans of Sprite &/or Coke, 3 Dunkin Donuts Munchkins, 7-10 pigs-in-blankets, Cherry Pizza, turkey wrap*
    • Dinner - CHEAT (at BDubs during UFC 152) Chili Con Queso Nachos, 12 wings (6 Asian Zing, 6 Hone BBQ), a bunch of Cokes
*It was my dad's surprise 60th birthday party, so I spent all afternoon grazing

----- Start of Week 3 -----
  • Sunday
    •  Skipped breakfast
    • Lunch - Lunch Meat Sammich (4 slices of turkey & 2 slices of ham on whole grain bread with lettuce & mustard), Sweet Tea to drink
    • Dinner - 2 Lunch Meat Sammiches (added a little Italian dressing to these), Mountain Dew to drink
  • Monday
    • Breakfast - CHEAT 2 Bacon Egg Cheese Croiss'anwiches, Red Smoothie to drink
    • Lunch - Turkey & Provolone Sandwich, Coke to drink
    • Dinner - 2 plates of chicken & pasta with Romain lettuce, Sweet Tea to drink
  • Today
    • Breakfast - Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, Red Smoothie to drink
    • Lunch - Club sandwich & chips, water to drink
    • CHEAT - 15 Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, glass of Mountain Dew
    • Dinner - Chicken & pasta, green beans, Sweet Tea to drink
    • "Dessert" - Chobani greek yogurt (Strawberry)
  • Exercises
    • Only been doing pull-ups as I go into the kitchen, and not even those as regularly as I should.
OK, so the fun stuff:
  • BJJ - Advanced (Unfortunately, I'm so late getting this blog post up, I'm not going to go into my usual "detail" about the each technique)
    • I only went to the one class tonight (Tuesday), because I'm trying to be careful with my knee & ankle.  For those of you unfamiliar with Revolution BJJ's class schedule, for the late classes we roll first, then learn the new technique(s).
    • During the sparring portion, I just worked from the bottom of mount again (like I did on Friday) and I felt pretty good about how I did.  I think I was only tapped 2-3 throughout the rounds, so I'm pleased with my defense.  As near as I can remember, these are the names of the guys I rolled against, in no particular order: Matt (wb), Scott (pb), Justin (bb), Sean (bb), Tyler (wb) & Mike (bb).  I also rolled against Fahs & Andrew, not just situational sparring.  Pretty sure that both of them ended up in mount anyhow, though, plus Andrew practice that night's lesson on me!
    • Sweep to S Mount with Wristlock Grip Break
      • Opponent's in your guard, you arm-drag to take the back, but he pushes back into you.  You catch his far ankle & sweep him into mount, keeping the dragged-arm pinned between y'all's chests.  Once there you proceed to S Mount, then take the arm.  We also learned how to break a gable grip (if your partner's defending) that can lead to a wristlock if he refuses to let go.
    • From Mount, defeat "good elbows" to S Mount with Americana Grip Break
      • When you're mounted on your opponent, but he's got his elbows in tight defending.  To loosen them, cup the back of your opponent's head, lift straight up, then pull to the side.  This will make the same side elbow light & you can advance you knee.  Once there you proceed to S Mount, then take the arm.  We also learned how to break the grip by imposing an Americana-style shoulder lock.  Either he lets go & gives you the armbar, or he holds on & taps to the Americana.
Well, it's late, both on the clock & in terms of when this should have been published.  I'll try & get the next one out sooner.  Until then, see y'all around the intra-webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment