Monday, September 17, 2012

And so it begins

My hope is that this blog will eventually evolve into a place for me to post all kinds of random thoughts & ideas that spring from my time training Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, etc.  At the moment, however, it has only 1 purpose: to chronicle my preparation for my next tournament.  This inaugural post was supposed to be a much longer & grander thing, but procrastination being what it is, I'm now up two hours later than I wanted to be before work tomorrow and am only just now getting around to this.  Better a weak start than none at all, however, so here's the skinny:

I will be competing at USGrappling VABeach on October, 27th.  I plan to compete in the Super Heavyweight (202.1-215lbs) and Absolute (open weight) divisions for both White Belt Gi and Beginner No-Gi.  My gym attendance recently has been shoddy at best and I'm currently walking around at about 224lbs.  This means that over the next 6 weeks, I need to get my weight down by about 10lbs and get my grappling up to competition standards.  I'm not expecting to walk out there & Ronda Rousey fools, but I refuse to go out there as a representative of my gym, Revolution BJJ, and embarrass them because of my lack of commitment.

I usually don't like to make big statements like this in public because I have a tendency to not follow through, which leaves me making a lot of excuses to people.  But that's why I think this blog is 100% necessary: to hold me accountable.  This is me serving notice to all my buddies, both in the gym & outside it, that I expect y'all to bust my chops for not sticking to my word.  Encourage me, remind me, harass me, berate me, drag me, whatever you feel is necessary, I appreciate it.  I want to make all y'all proud on the 27th.

I will post again tomorrow & include more specifics, including, but not limited to:
  1. My proposed training schedule
  2. My dietary changes
  3. Unattractive "before" pics
Until then, see y'all around the intra-webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment