Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Still moving

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a5105f204b&view=att&th=13c6577585612144&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-MlzMQIoJ8AV1D3HS825MI&sadet=1358912030905&sads=MAVAGtVhlLDsI0vrPjvBEaeP6J0 
Anyone want to join me for a rousing game of Guess the Bodily Fluid?

Well, tonight was basically the same as last night, just tougher.  We got an extra round of cut kicks & combos on the Thai pads.  As a personal victory, I didn't skip any burpee rounds.  I was no where close to getting all 15 done, but I was moving all the way through.

Then came sparring.  Tonight was Hard Sparring, but the coaches had mercy on us & didn't require burpees in between.  I don't remember too many specifics.  Caught one of Ricketts' kicks & took him down off it.  Brian got me in the clinch & drilled me with a couple of vicious knees.  My night ended when I was sparring with AJ.  Shocker: my cardio sucks.  Other shocker: sucky cardio = sucky technique.  He was pressuring me HARD & I was trying to circle away.  Next thing I knew, there was a shin bone introducing itself to my nose.  Begin blood faucet.  Missed the next round trying to plug that up & apparently there weren't any rounds after that.

Even barring that, I feel better tonight than I did 24hrs ago & I credit that 100% to my boy Alex.  He's a personal trainer & has laid out a simple but solid diet plan for me.  Being properly fueled was HUGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment