Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I've got to admit it's getting better

The only picture I want to post is the one of my Batman-emblem-shaped, CD-sized bruise on my inner thigh, but I can't think of a way to take a picture that doesn't look remarkably lewd & lascivious, so I'll just pass this time.

The hardest part about tonight was actually today: I was exhausted at work.  I could barely keep my eyes open or my head up.  The sudden tax on my energy reserves that I've surprised my body with has really hit me hard.  I'm getting more sleep (10:30p-7:15a instead of 1a-7:45a) & eating a lot better (6 lean protein meals instead of 2 massive fast food/pizza/etc.), but it's still not enough.  I don't know what the solution is, but I've got to find a way to get more rest & more energy.

Here's the biggest reason I need more energy (besides not passing out on my keyboard): I haven't done a minute of roadwork or a strength workout.  I know those are both HUGEly important pieces to the puzzle, but I don't have the time.  I'm sleeping as late as I can get away with while still eating breakfast & getting to work on time (I used to skip breakfast) & when I get home I need to take a nap to make sure I'm up for Fight Camp.  Once I get home, it's a mad rush to eat, wash my sweaty clothes, clean my gear, shower, post this little 10min thing & then crash.  Even now, I'm pushing to get this done ASAP so I can sack out at 10 instead of 10:30 (notice the lack of witty remarks & enlightening links?).  When I'm already pissed at myself for coming in out of shape & being the weak link on the team, it makes it so much worse that now I can't even meet the requirements set out by the coaches.

If I'm still dragging at work tomorrow, I'll have to talk to Jon & Jarrett about it.  I need to have a solution to this.  I can't have this continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment